[Mailman-Users] Running mailman without web interface

Glen Low glen.low at pixelglow.com
Sat Jan 29 16:13:28 CET 2005

On 29/01/2005, at 1:23 AM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> 	How hard is it to run mailman (including the bounce management
> thingie) without running its web interface? We are moving our mail
> server to another machine which will not run any web servers.

Another way of looking at the same problem is: why don't you keep
mailman on the web server, and just use SMTPDirect for mailman to call
through to your mail server to send mail out? I've also found it
surprisingly easy to run fetchmail on a web server to pull down
incoming mail from the mail server -- about the only thing you lose is
the tight integration of mailbox creation, so you might have to
manually create all those xxx-admin, xxx-bounces mailboxes.

Cheers, Glen Low

---
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
www.pixelglow.com