[Mailman-Users] Help me out pls

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 19 18:48:14 CET 2005

iouq2 a wrote:

>that my mailing list not send mail to yahoo.com domain email bcoz yahoo had
>blocked mail from open relay
>i know this is the problem in MTA but can u help me out
>what can i do with sendmail to fix the problem so then my mailing list can
>send email to yahoo.com email
>
>they say that that open relay ip or mailserver are not welcome on yahoo.com
>plz fix it out
>
>in which file of sendmail i will do it
>in /etc/mail/access
>
>i wrote
>
>mail.futureinsite.net       Relay
>futureinsite.net             Relay
>
>should i change it ?

See http://www.sendmail.org/tips/relaying.html but be aware that even
though Yahoo's rejection said they were rejecting you because you were
an open relay, You may well not be. Yahoo may not like your IP for
other reasons such as it is a 'home use' rather than commercial IP or
it is a private network address.

You can test your IP at sites such as http://www.abuse.net/relay.html
and http://www.ordb.org/submit/