[Mailman-Users] Subject_prefix doesn't get added for postsfrom one domain

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Feb 7 20:51:05 CET 2005

Chris Malatesta wrote:

>So here is the issue, posts from this one domain don't get mailman header
>information added to the email, although they get posted to the list.
>
>What would cause a post to go to the list and not get header info and the
>Subject_prefix added to that post?

The message is not being processed by CookHeaders which is the module
that adds the subject prefix and headers X-BeenThere,
X-Mailman-Version, Precedence and maybe others depending on list
options.

CookHeaders must be in the list pipeline since it is there for messages
from other domains. I can't see how it would be avoided for just the
messages from this one domain. Presumably the rest of the pipline is
processed since without CalcRecips and ToOutgoing or at least
ToDigest, the message wouldn't be sent to anyone.

This is really puzzling.