[Mailman-Users] Messages are lost...I have followed FAQs 3.14

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Aug 23 06:58:33 CEST 2005

Chuck Vohs wrote:

>I have mailman version 2.1.6 installed with cPanel on RH 7.3, sending
>mail through exim.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but see
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp

>I have several lists running.  All used to work just fine.  Last week, 2
>lists stopped sending mail.  Each responds to commands, but posts are
>just not sent.
>I can't see where they are dying at.
>Messages sent to the lists by nonmembers are held as pending, and I get
>an email to approve or reject.  When I approve, the message is never sent.

It seems you're saying that posts are being sent out from lists other
than the specific 2 lists. If so, then it's probably not a qrunner
problem unless you're running multiple 'slices' of qrunners and one
has died.

Check Mailman's error log.

Check the mailman qfiles/ directory to see where the messages are
piling up (shunt, retry, out ?).

Sometimes a corrupt file will cause a list to shut down in this way.
Check the files in lists/<listname>/ for the two lists. In particular,
if there is a digest.mbox file, try moving it aside and see if that
helps.