[Mailman-Users] Mailman traffic bouncing with "User Unknown"

Bob Richards rrichard at blythe.org
Thu Oct 28 18:33:57 CEST 2004

Mark Sapiro wrote

>What is the "unknown" address reported in the bounce message?

It's the correct address. Looking at the sendmail logs, it's the correct
address there too.

>Possibly his address on the list contains a transparent control
>character.

Doesn't seem to. I went directly into the config.pck file with vi to see
exactly
what it said, it's correct with no ctrl chars embeded.

>If you click his address in the membership list to go to
>his options page, does the resoltant URL have any %xx characters in it?

No... It's clean and correct.

I am beginning to suspect that his new mail server is rejecting list
traffic somehow. He is in NewZealand
and so it's taking a bit of time to resolve as his days are my nights
and vice-versa!

What's odd is if I craft an email with elm, making it look as much like
a mailman list message as possible (Bulk, List, BCC), he gets it just fine.

What I will do next is delete his account and re-create it fresh.  Strange!

--
.
Bob Richards
rrichard at blythe.org