[Mailman-Users] Newbie Question -- Attachments (again)

Newman, Linda (newmanld) NEWMANLD at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Fri Oct 15 21:18:46 CEST 2004

Mark -- I really appreciate your answers to my questions.

I now have the following 'pass types' allowed:
  multipart/mixed
  multipart/alternative
  text/plain
  text/html
  message/rfc822

This appears to handle plain text messages, and forwarded plain text
messages, while still dis-allowing attachments that are word files or pdf
files, executables, etc.  It also continues to translate html messages into
plain text, but if I understand your answer below, this is because the first
part of a multipart/alternative message is usually plain text, and so that's
what mailman accepts.  So, it appears that if I want html formatted messages
to also be on this list, while of course also still allowing plain text, I'd
have to either
   a) find an MUA that doesn't send html as multipart, but just as html
(suggestions?)
   b) not do any filtering of attachments.

Let me know if I have mis-understood.
-- Linda