[Mailman-Users] Mailman URL and listinfo

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Fri Oct 8 04:46:59 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net>
To: "John Fleming" <john at wa9als.com>; <Mailman-Users at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Mailman URL and listinfo

> John Fleming wrote:
>
> >I see my public lists when using mydomain.com/mailman/listinfo, but not
when
> >using www.mydomain.com/mailman/listinfo.  I have the appropriate info in
the
> >virtual host directive in mm_cfg.py.  What else affects this?  Thanks!  -
>
> VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = On|Off
>
> in mm_cfg.py
>
> See article 4.17 in the FAQ: http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Thanks for that, Mark, but it seems a bit more complicated:

1.  First, I am using virtual hosts, and I would like my lists to be
domain-specific.  Thus I need VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW to be ON.  It turns out
that my mm_cfg.py file didn't contain that directive - (It must be ON by
default.)  I did add it to my mm_cfg.py and turned it OFF.  Of course, all
of my lists appeared, but I lost domain-specificity.

2.  Seemingly contrary to the FAQ explanation, I only have the "problem"
for -one- of my domains.  More specifically, with and without the www
prefix: