[Mailman-Users] True anonymous list?

Michael Balamuth mlb at chroma.com
Tue May 11 17:36:34 CEST 2004

 Thanks to all who suggested alternatives.  I finally succeeded by rewriting
the headers at the qmail/alias end via a custom perl script filter and then
scrapped the whole thing.  It wasn't that it didn't work, but it was too too
much like creating a spam environment.  We originally wanted an internal
corporate mailing list where employees could post grievances without fear of
identification and reprisal, but we finally opted for an anonymous forum
instead.  That keeps it more appropriately inside the company anyway.  It
was, however, an interesting exercise in tracing the path by which headers
get added and it isn't always where you would think it should be.  Thanks
again to all who provided patient advice (which also worked).

Michael