[Mailman-Users] We have a serious problem.

Jonathan West west at k-online.com
Sun Jun 27 22:37:30 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

    We have a very serious problem.  Someone is evidently using your
e-mail address services (under an unreachable e-mail address called
"imanway_imanway.com"), and then using my e-mail address and who knows
how many other e-mail addresses to spam people everywhere.

    This is turning out to be a real mess.  Hundreds of messages
(supposedly from one of your address configurations) are clogging my
mail box.  I have also been receiving messages from folks who are also
getting heavily spammed in this manner and they are really mad.

    Is there some authority we can turn this problem over to?  Is there
a way of finding out who is responsible for this?  Since our trace led
us directly to you, we desperately need your help.  I would really
appreciate your reply at your earliest convenience.

    We really need to do something about this.  (A return message to me
with a subject header that states "Imanway Spam Reply" will be looked at
right away.)

    Thank you for your time and considerations with this difficulty.

Most sincerely,

Jonathan West