[Mailman-Users] Feature requiry

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jun 9 13:56:57 CEST 2004

At 11:24 AM +0200 2004-06-09, Tomas Marek wrote:

>  as a Mailman user I wonder how to setup password generating (when
>  subscibing user leaves passowrd field blank). What Mailman version
>  is this feature available from?

	I'm not sure that this feature is available.  If you are
subscribed by the list owner/moderator, the system will issue a
password for you.  If you subscribe via the e-mail interface, I
believe that the system will issue a password to you.  But I'm not
sure that the system will issue you a password if you subscribe
yourself via the web, but leave the password field blank.

	If this feature is available, then I don't think it's changed
since the 2.1.x series came out, and may have been around even
earlier than that.