[Mailman-Users] Attachment Issues

Sean Collen colles at aanet.org
Wed Apr 21 22:51:12 CEST 2004

Hi,
	I have been using Mailman for quite a while now. I am currently
running version 2.1.4. I have checked the mailing lists and FAQS, and I
am unable to find anyone with the issue I am having, less I am
searching incorrectly.

	The issue I am having is that messages content are getting posted to
the archives as attachments. The contact getting scrubbed is plain
text. I have narrowed down one of the causes but cannot find a fix,
explained below. Any help would be appreciated.

I have some cgi scripts on an internal apache server that we use for
logging. IE, a tech can log into a web page, get technical info for
some issues, and post a message to a generic list based on the type of
issue - video conferencing , servers, web servers, etc. The script just
opens a pipe to mail, example:

		open X, "|/bin/mail -t $LISTSERV";

Anything sent to the list, even using "mail" on the command line, the
message gets stripped off as a non-text message.

Sean Collen
Chief Systems Administrator
10 Empire State Blvd
Capitol Corporate Campus