[Mailman-Users] Re: problem with Hotmail subscribers

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Sun Sep 21 22:27:40 CEST 2003

Jeff D wrote:
>One of my list subscribers on Hotmail is complaining he isn't receiving
>messages from the list(s). Is there any settings to change on the server
>end so that messages get through, or is it all a matter of his preferences
>and MSN/Hotmail SPAM filters being too aggressive?

      I run test accounts on Yahoo, HotMail and AOL, they all can get mail
if the user goes about it right.  For HotMail if it's showing as spam it
will be in his "Junk Mail" folder.  He can go there, highlight one of them,
and click on "".  Which of the choices to take next depends on the list
settings.  For an announcement list the top "I want to add..." option may
work better, especially if you have list personalization turned on.  For a
two way list the second "This message is from a mailing list..." option is
better.

<>< Paul