[Mailman-Users] Mandrake 9.1 / ImportError: No module named getopt

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Mon May 12 15:37:23 CEST 2003

Hello,

I receive a couple error lines by starting mailman under ML 9.1.
Python is installed via RPMs, mailman was build manually by the install
scripts which you provide.

The initializing error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/qrunner", line 72, in ?
    import getopt
ImportError: No module named getopt
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

But from python -v I get:

# /usr/lib/python2.2/getopt.pyc matches /usr/lib/python2.2/getopt.py
import getopt # precompiled from /usr/lib/python2.2/getopt.pyc
and
# cleanup[1] getopt

so it seems that everythink is pretty fine, but I can't bring it to
work.
Any suggestions?

Next thing I would try is to build the python packages manually.

- oliver

--
Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de>
Giessen-Friedberg University of Applied Sciences