[Mailman-Users] Different Errors this time

Joseph Smith jsmith at retiredmarines.com
Wed Mar 12 19:02:13 CET 2003

  Hello again,

I corrected and followed the information from an earlier post to solve the
smrsh issue and now I get the following msg back when sending to the list.

I can read what it ways but for someone new this is a headache.  I need to
understand more then just receive and answer.

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "mailnull".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the
script as group "mailman", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=mailnull'.
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Joe