[Mailman-Users] Removal of all body attachments in immediate admin notification emails

John DeCarlo jdecarlo at mitre.org
Fri Jun 6 20:30:06 CEST 2003

Steve,

You are in at least partial luck.  I think I have found your answer.  I
haven't tried it, because I do need the message attachment sent on my lists.

In <mailmandir>/Mailman/Handlers, there is a file called Hold.py.  From
judicial use of grep, it is the only file that references
'postauth.txt', which has the text of the moderation message in it.

If you edit this file, and go to the very end, you will see
'#Now the message for the list owners ...'

Below that, 'dmsg' is created and populated.  This is the special
confirmation message with the long message identifier in the Subject.

Below that, are three calls to 'nsmg.attach'.

The one reading 'nmsg.attach(MIMEMessage(msg))' is the part where the
actual message being moderated is attached.

Therefore, I conclude that commenting out that line will prevent the
notification message from having the original message as an attachment.

What do you think?

Try it and tell us if it works.

--

John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own