[Mailman-Users] -request address not working

Drew Hawn dhawn at hawn.org
Tue Jun 3 08:23:53 CEST 2003

This is a basic question, I apologize, but the searchable archives don't
seem to be working and I've spent quite some time doing google searches
and looking through the archives.  I really would appreciate some help,
or a pointer in the right direction.

I have recently installed mailman and am having problems with the
-request address.

I am using Postfix and have the following aliases entered:
listname:                   "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post listname"
listname-admin:             "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
listname"
listname-request:           "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd listname"
listname-owner:             listname-admin

I have also changed the main.cf config file in Postfix to allow
mail_to_commands and mail_to_files

I have reloaded Postfix and sent a newaliases command.

When messages to go the listname-request address, the mail is sent to
the list owner and the requestor receives nothing.