[Mailman-Users] Digest topic list - spurious line breaks

Ben Finney bignose at zip.com.au
Thu Jan 23 01:16:59 CET 2003

Howdy,

I'm subscribed to a number of Mailman lists in digest form.  There is a
marked difference between the topic lists generated by Mailman 2.0.x and
Mailman 2.1.

Many of the topic lines are split at odd places, making reading them
very arduous.  Line breaks at the beginning of the topic or in the
middle are not uncommon, and sometimes the line break is in the middle
of a word!

An example: the Mailman-Users Digest, Vol 4, Issue 68 has the following
topic list:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. finding list members (Eric Luhrs)
>    2. Re: finding list members (John DeCarlo)
>    3. Re: Forbidden ( No ACCESS to Mailman )
>        (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>    4. RE: Machine in unresponsive (Jon Carnes)
>    5. Re: Forbidden ( No ACCESS to Mailman ) (Satya)
>    6. Re: Forbidden ( No ACCESS to Mailman )
>        (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>    7. Odd error in smtp-failure log (David Gibbs)
>    8. deleting a list (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>    9. Re: deleting a list (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>   10. deleting a list - rmlist does not remove entire list?
>        (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>   11. RE: Machine in unresponsive (jsingh)
>   12.
>        deleting a list - rmlist does not remove entire list? -- NO WAY
>        (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>   13. Fw: [Mailman-Users] deleting a list - rmlist does not remove
>       entire
>       	list? -- NO WAY (Chris [ www.LiFEFORCE.de ])
>   14. Help!!! (Duy Luong)
>   15. dumping a large list to a file (Scott R. Every)

Items 12 and 13 in particular illustrate the problem.

--
 \     "My theory of evolution is that Darwin was adopted."  -- Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |