[Mailman-Users] Mailman corruption?

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Feb 12 03:05:29 CET 2003

* Edmund Young III (eyoung at toyota.com) wrote:
> Mailman symptoms:
>
> - Very slow or not sending out messages
> - cpu utilization almost constantly 98% and above.
>
> Cause:
>
> - Probably an issue with excessive messages being sent to it, an event
> occurred where thousands of requests were sent to it because of a faulty
> systems alert process utilizing that alias.
>
> ===========================
> Has anyone seen these kinds of symptoms, if yes, what was done to
> correct it.
> Thanks.

Check the FAQ URL below, and check section 6.  There are a few guidelines
for various email systems.

What's your setup like?  mailman version?  python version?  OS?  system
specs?  Then we might have more of an idea where we can help.

Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?