[Mailman-Users] Mailman Virtual Hosts?

Ian Chilton ian at ichilton.co.uk
Tue Feb 11 17:45:33 CET 2003

Hello,

Please CC replies to ian at ichilton.co.uk

I have read that mailman supports virtual hosts, but I am not sure how
to use it.

What I have is a box, say box.example.com running the list server. I
have also setup apache with the mailman aliases for list.example.com,
lists.something.com, lists.somethingelse.com.

I have this in my mm_cfg.py:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.example.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.example.com'
MTA = 'Postfix'
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.example.com',
lists.something.com', ['lists.somethingelse.com']

What I want to do be able to create lists in these different domains and
have them completely separate, so, when you go to
http://lists.something.com/mailman/admin you only see lists for
something.com

At the moment, I seem to be able to have multiple domains but they are
global, so http://lists.something.com/mailman/admin shows all lists. The
other problem is, when I create a list it sends out the "new list"
message with all the URL's as lists.example.com - is there no way to get
the "create list" web page to ask you the domain for the new list?

Thanks!

--ian