[Mailman-Users] Installation and Configuration help on Mailman

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 7 08:59:13 CET 2003

This is not a problem.  If you look at the cron jobs that you faithfully put
in for Mailman you will see that one of them is specific to gating mail over
to a news server.  Comment this particular script out of the cron (then
uncomment it later should you change your mind about News servers!).

The error simply says that the script tried to attach to a local News server
and couldn't find one.

When you said that your users were not getting notifications, did you mean
that they weren't getting notifications that their mail was being held (ie
moderated).  If so, then check the Web-Admin settings.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes