[Mailman-Users] Re: Re: One Button Direct Subscription

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Wed Oct 2 10:10:47 CEST 2002

David Padilla wrote:

> I should have been more clear. I want to create direct subscription to
> announcement only lists, similiar to those see ALL over the net. You
> know those, add your e-mail and become subscirbed to our next
> newletter, or anouncement, etc.

Well in any event, you should confirm the subscription; otherwise anyone
can subscribe anyone else to your list.

This is known as confirmed opt-in, and if you don't use a system like
this, you're very likely to get booted by your ISP for spamming.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >