[Mailman-Users] LISTS command

Barry A. Warsaw barry at zope.com
Sat May 18 02:12:11 CEST 2002

    AcLA> 1) I am running in a shared environment.  When I send LISTS
    AcLA> to the listname-request address I get a listing of all lists
    AcLA> on the server and NOT just the one(s) for that domain.  My
    AcLA> domain should not be allowed to advertise other webmasters'
    AcLA> lets.  In fact I DON'T WANT TO advertise other lists from my
    AcLA> domain.  Can this be patched somehow?

Fixed in MM2.1cvs.

    AcLA> 2) Why is it that I have to send a request to
    AcLA> listname-request to get a listing of the mailing lists at a
    AcLA> domain.  What if I don't know the name of ANY lists at the
    AcLA> domain?  Shouldn't I (if i can I have not figured out how to
    AcLA> do it) be able to send something to a master mailman address
    AcLA> and get the lists?  Seems pretty logical to me.  I am old
    AcLA> and slow so maybe I missed this one.

Send it to the site list, usually mailman-request at dom.ain

-Barry