[Mailman-Users] procmail recipes

Dan Wilder dan at ssc.com
Thu Jan 10 19:42:24 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:21:36AM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:41:54 -0600
> jerry  <jerry at eepopp.org> wrote:
>
> > I have looked at
>
> >   http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.004.htp
>
> > in the FAQ there is this:
>
> >> My entire setup except for the procmail recipes can be found
> >> here: ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives/
>
> > I look for the procmail recipes at this site but they aren't
> > there.
>
> Yes, because they are system specific and entirely trivial.
> Example:
>
>   :0 Whf
>   | formail -z -R 'From ' X-Envelope-From:
>   ...deletia...
>   :0
>     * ^Sender: *mud-dev-admin
>     | rcvstore +Lists/MUD-Dev-L/archive
>   ...deletia...
>   }
>
> As mentioning in the FAQ entry I wrote above, I use MH folders for
> mailstores.  I do this for a wide range of reasons most of which
> come down to personal preference (I actively dislike mbox) and
> ease of integration with other bits of my system.  YMWV.
>
> > Anybody know of another site that might have procmail recipes.
>
> I suggest starting out by reading the procmail main pages.

Pay special attention to the quickstart notes at the
end of

  man procmail

and

  man procmailrc

As always with Unix man pages, follow the references in each page
to other man pages, until you find yourself retracing the same
territory.

A number of websites are referenced in the man pages.

 Dan Wilder <dan at ssc.com>   Technical Manager & Editor
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549    URL http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/