[Mailman-Users] help with configuring mailman

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Mon Oct 1 23:06:15 CEST 2001

begin: Jon Carnes <jonc at haht.com> quote
> > i'm trying to follow the mailman config instructions, but am having
> trouble.
> > i'm on debian woody, using exim as the MTA.
> >
> > when i run check_perms, i get the following error message:
> >
> >   # ./check_perms
> >   Traceback (innermost last):
> >     File "./check_perms", line 280, in ?
> >       checkcgi()
> >     File "./check_perms", line 183, in checkcgi
> >       exes = os.listdir(mm_cfg.CGI_DIR)
> >   OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> >
> > i'm not sure, but this looks like it may be a python error.  it's
> > sufficiently cryptic (i know no python) that i don't understand it.
>
> Its says it cannot find the CGI directory.  Check to make sure that you told
> it the proper place, and that it has permission to access.

ok, thanks -- i stuck a print statement in check_perms, and the value of
mm_cfg.CGI_DIR is /var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin  (python looks very object
oriented to me).

i think it needs to be /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin.

i looked in /etc/mailman, and didn't find anything that obviously set
mm_cfg.CGI_DIR.

can you give me the name of the config file where i can set this variable?

thank you for your help!  :)

pete

                    -- Clause from license for FrontPage 2002