[Mailman-Users] install on RH7.2

Dan Wilder dan at ssc.com
Fri Nov 30 06:50:37 CET 2001

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:40:44PM -0900, Andy Firman wrote:
> Trying to install on RH7.2 and I am a beginner.
> Follow all directions exactly except when
> it says to make sure /home/mailman has
> the setgid bit set (I have NO clue what that means)
>
> When I do ./configure I get this error:
>
> error: no acceptable cc found in $path
>
> please help

Sounds like you need to install the C compiler.

What happens if you type

gcc -v

??

If you get "command not found" you're certainly missing
the C compiler, and probably the rest of the baggage needed
to compile programs.

 Dan Wilder <dan at ssc.com>   Technical Manager & Editor
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549    URL http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/