[Mailman-Users] spot of trouble migrating lists.

F. Ross Lord frlord at webmethods.com
Mon Nov 26 21:46:27 CET 2001

Hello all.  I have a problem and I'm not quite where to start.  I have looked through the documentation as best I can, and I haven't found any good guides.  I have about 40 mailing lists with archives on a mail server that is due to be turned off in about 2 weeks.  I need to migrate all of those lists to another server.  I have installed Mailman on the second server, and I can create/admin new lists that have been created on that server.  I took one of my existing lists, copied everything in $prefix/archives/public/listname and $prefix/archives/private/listname, everything in $prefix/lists/listname to the new server.  I ran $prefix/bin/new_list on it.  Here is what works:

the admin pages work
the archive pages work
the listinfo for the list works
mail to the list works

There is one thing that isn't working.  The listinfo page (which has all lists served on that machine) does not have an entry for the list that was migrated.  Does anyone know how I can resolve that?  Also, if there anyone who has a good set of instructions for migrating lists that might help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

 -- frl

--
F. Ross Lord