[Mailman-Users] why can't people see my lists?

David Pierron linux at wombatsweb.com
Fri Nov 2 01:04:48 CET 2001

At 03:49 PM 11/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>Example:

>   (Yeah, its "lists" instead of "mailman" -- its just a custom
>   Apache conf, nothing more).
>
>More traditional example:

>There no custom editing of files required or done in either case.
>The list of lists is dynamically generated.
>
>Please don't spread FUD.

Since we're on this subject of the generated mailing list page, this is the
only place where I seem to have had an error in installing this package
...  The mail-owner at domain.com email address last listed on this page has
the domain name of the person who set up the RPM ...  I have checked config
files and don't see where I could change this ... Can someone please point
me in the right direction?

By the way, if your lists are private, they will not be on this page
...  If that's why this person's lists don't show up on this page, then why
would you want top advertise private mailing lists?  I think that's the
exact point of these options ...  I think it's awesome that mailman does
this page for you ... and weeds out the private lists to boot ...  One less
html file for me to edit ...

TIA