[Mailman-Users] Allowing posts with certain topics/blocking all others

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jun 20 10:14:07 CEST 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:08:49 -0700
Sarah K Miller <techgrrl at beeze.com> wrote:

> I have a list that I'd like to enforce a set of headers on. In
> other words, each message subject must start with a certain word
> in order be posted. Has anybody found a way to do this? I know I
> can block messages with certain headers, but I want to block all
> messages and only allow those with the approved headers. If
> anybody has a great idea how to accomplish this, please pass it on
> ...  -- Sarah

The trivial way would be top put a wrapper around formal in front of
the list.  Just extract the Subject header via `formail`, and then
do a regex match against your pattern.  If there's a match pipe the
message forward into Mailman, if not, delete it.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows