[Mailman-Users] Umbrella lists and approvals

matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk matthew.malthouse at guardian.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 13:20:27 CEST 2001

Have a number of lists of lists.  Set to require mderators approval and all
behave as expected.

A another list to which all the others are subscribed.  That also set to require
approval and behaves as expected.

However I don't want to have to approve all the messages in each subsidiary list
so I've tried putting the list-of-lists name into the let through bit under
privacy options thus:

  Must posts be approved by an administrator?: Yes

  Restrict posting privilege to list members?: No

  Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list without implicit
approval requirement: listofallmylists at roundhere.co.uk

However all the posts are stopped awaiting moderator approval and I don't know
why!

Secondary question:

In general options there's  "Suffix for use when this list is an umbrella for
other lists, according to setting of previous "umbrella_list" setting."   only I
don't see any "umbrella_list" setting anywhere.

The install is a 1.xx - I don't knwo quite which as it was done long before I
inherited the machine and whatever sources there might have bee seem to have
been deleted.  Doh!  It's running on a Linux 2.2.14-12 #2 SMP kernal (RedHat 6.0
distro).

Matthew