[Mailman-Users] Wish: Change address.

Jeb Bateman jeb at ocha.net
Wed Feb 7 01:17:37 CET 2001

It's funny you guys should even argue about this, since it's already
coded in bin/clone-member -r and just needs a CGI interface wrapped
around it, (which I plan to try doing in PHP or Python shortly ;-)

It's just a matter of authenticating a member (though a Mailman list
password, or some other site-wide method, and then trusting them to
enter their new address correctly)...  If you can't trust this, then
it's probably easier to just insist on sub/unsub instead of trying to
add another level of verification to this at the moment; (although I
hope Mailman will be able to provide a general email verification
interface in the future), and then make passwords optional.

-jeb