[Mailman-Users] Re: Expiring the archives

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 28 23:19:50 CEST 2000

On 2000.06.28, in <20000628165505.A5511 at xcski.com>,
	"Paul Tomblin" <ptomblin at xcski.com> wrote:
> Is there any tool I can use to trim out the old stuff from my archives?  I
> have some archives going back 4+ years (brought over from majordomo) and I
> think I only want to keep a year or two of them.  After doing the
> standard find|xargs rm, is there any tool I can use to remove the now dead
> links to archive pages that have been deleted?

You can purge the mbox files using whatever mail tool you'd normally
use, then regenerate the HTML archives from scratch.

For example (more or less, from memory):
% cd .../archives/private
% mutt -e 'push "<delete-pattern>~d -01/01/98";push "<sync-mailbox>"; push "<exit>"' list.mbox/list.mbox
% rm -rf list
% arch list list.mbox/list.mbox

--
 -D.	dgc at uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago