[Mailman-Users] incorrect list-id

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Jun 1 19:59:46 CEST 2000

At 8:59 -0700 6/1/2000, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>>I posted something to the developer's list about this last month.
>>Apparently Mm uses the ID of the first publicly visible list on your
>>server for all of the monthly reminder messages.  The rationale for
>>this seems to be that many people getting the reminders may be on
>>multiple lists, so the list ID used for the reminder is really just
>>an unimportant placeholder so that there is not a lot of header
>>creation confusion for people on multiple lists.
>
>Arguably, since it's a meta-message and not a list-message, it
>probably ought to not have a list-id attached. it's not coming from a
>list, but from the list's server.

And, based on a complaint just now in another list (exim-users) from a
person who gateways list messages throughout his company, there probably
ought to be some easy filtering method (some X-xxx header in place of
List-ID??) so that the list password doesn't get broadcast by the gateway
process in that situation.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA