[Mailman-Users] pipermail archive -> MHonArc

Nick marouni at earlham.edu
Fri Jul 7 08:27:13 CEST 2000

Thanks Todd,
    I actually should have taken some more time reading the MHonarc help files.
you can use the list.mbox and it works fine. ( i didn't have to seperate them)

Another helpful hint that I just figured out is that for mailers that remove the
top FROM:  from a message

you can use the command formail -ds < list.mbox >> new_list
then run Mhonarc with that. works like a charm

Nick

Todd Pfaff wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Nick Marouf wrote:
>
> > Hi Guys,
> >     I just got MHonArc to work as my external archive for public and private
> > lists. However How do I get my old archives for a mailing list from pipermail
> > into MHonArc. I at first used  ARCH with the list name and it re-generated
> > the pipermail archive.
>
> i think you're going to have to run mhonarc using your existing
> listname.mbox file as input.  you may have to split it into individual
> messages and feed each to mhonarc.
>
> i posted some scripts to this list a while ago that do some of this work,
> but i'm using mhonarc along with glimpse and wilma so my stuff may be
> overkill for a mhonarc-only installation.  you may get some useful ideas
> by looking at them.  search the archives for my messages regarding
> mhonarc, wilma and glimpse.
>
> --
> Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster dot ca
> Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
> ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
> McMaster University                   \
> Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \

-
Nicholas Marouf || Earlham College || Assistant System Administrator.