[Mailman-Users] rc3 compile failure under OSF4

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Jul 13 22:16:46 CEST 1999

    CK> We have been running rc2 without incident.  With rc3 the
    CK> configure seems to go well with the same flags used as before.
    CK> When we make install we get the following error.  Any
    CK> suggestions as to what we could do would be much appreciated.
    CK> Can anyone explain what vsnprintf refers to?

vsnprintf() is a safe version of vsprintf() -- it specifies the size
of the buffer to print into so you avoid buffer overrun exploits.
Solaris 2.5 is also missing vsnprintf() so the CVS snapshot has a
workaround, stolen from GNU screen.  I've only been able to test
compilation of the workaround, not it's actual functionality (I have a
2.5 machine I can compile on, but not install and test Mailman).

I'd love it if you could grab the current CVS snapshot and give it a
test.  You'll need to re-run configure after zapping your config.cache
file (i.e. "make distclean ; configure" or "config.status --recheck")

What's in CVS now is what I plan to use for 1.0 final, so please let
me know how it goes!

-Barry