[Mailman-Developers] InviteNewMember question

Joshua Alexander listservs at egomagick.com
Fri May 26 11:13:37 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right list for this... if so, I
apologize, and please let me know where to get support on this.

I'm running Mailman on a linux/cpanel server, and trying to hack
together an invite_members script, so I took add_members and made
minor changes, mostly changing

mlist.ApprovedAddMember(userdesc, ack, 0)

mlist.InviteNewMember(userdesc)

I'm not sure if that's the correct way to call InviteNewMember, but
it worked, mostly... the invite emails went out to some test
addresses, but when I click the confirmation link I get:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.6

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing
of traceback and other system information has been explicitly
inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman
error logs.

There's nothing recent in the error log, so I'm not sure what to do next.

Any help?

-Josh