[Mailman-Developers] Where to start Implement this?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat May 8 13:13:31 EDT 2004

On May 8, 2004, at 9:23 AM, Martin Häcker wrote:
> I want to create an option that allows my users to have the
> mailinglist set a reply-to header to itself in their e-mails.

> Could you please give me some advice about where to start implement
> this?

Um.  No need to implement it -- it's built in!

Just look for the reply_goes_to_list option in the list admin stuff.
If you're going through the web interface, just search for that string
in the general options page and it's there in the middle of the page.
Do take a look at the other settings for Reply-to's.  What you probably
want is to have the header stripped then set to the list, since
otherwise anytime someone does have a reply-to set it becomes <that
address> + <list address> which mostly leads to duplicates for people.
But of course, your list members may prefer that.

You can also have this be the default on your server, if I recall
correctly, by putting it in your mailman config file.

  Terri