[Mailman-Developers] Mailman-cvs can't handle .info addresses?

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 09:12:40 -0400

It's not wrong everywhere - the actual bounce from their mailer daemon
mentions the correct verp address for your list, for instance.

But look at the way it broke it up:
><aly.dharshi=smail.info@merlins.org>: host mail.merlins.org[204.80.101.251]
>     said: 550-Verification failed for <sa-exim-bounces@localhost.smail.info>
>     550-Unrouteable address 550 Sender verify failed

It looks like they tried to VRFY back at you that your sender existed, and
either they broke it up at the +, or your VRFY can't cope with it, and so
they decided not to deliver the mail because they think *you* don't
exist... Notice that it says that mail.merlins.org is the one complaining,
not them. They're the reporting host.