[Mailman-Developers] ZMailman 2.1 preview

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 09 Dec 2001 22:22:33 -0600

At 11:10 PM 12/9/2001 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > I don't understand Zope; can someone describe why I might want this,
> > what it buys me, etc. (like a sales brochure)?
>
>It doesn't necessarily buy you anything, unless you already need Zope.

Right, ZMailman is not for people not using Zope. However, it makes the
integration of Mailing List functionality into your Web Site so easy, that
I thought some of you might be interested.

>This was more for Zopatistas who need to run mailing lists, rather than
>Mailman people, not that it isn't a cool hack.

Yes, and I think quite some people need that. Just looking at all these CMS
and community sites...

>I think I like Zope, too; I just can't get it to stand still long
>enough to learn it.  Maybe I'm getting old...

Well, try to get into Zope 3.0, which is being built at the moment. It
makes use of the latest development and design patterns, so it is good to
look at it in anyway, whether you are interested in Zope or not.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter