[Mailman-Developers] Patch: Optionally Suppressing List Headers

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 18:28:29 -0700

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:17:12 -0400
Jay R Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 11:11:54PM +0200, ps@psncc.at wrote:
>> Note that the patch adds a new attribute to the MailList
>> object. This usually breaks existing mailing lists.

> That comment troubles me.  Isn't the point of object oriented
> design pretty precisely to avoid the need for such comments?

Yes, except that in this case the relevant objects are streamed to
disk and we're talking about changing the object definition (which
would therefore change the image streamed to disk).

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu