[ mailman-Feature Requests-1253550 ] Pls add red colour background with oversized messages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 7 15:47:52 CEST 2005

Feature Requests item #1253550, was opened at 2005-08-07 15:47
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=1253550&group_id=103

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I use MailMan 2.1.6 for a Buddhist moderated mailinglist of 1440 subscribers. I am the moderator of the list and all posts have to be approved by me. I have put the maximum length of a message body in the General Options to 120 KB because I receive many complaints when too large messages are placed on the list. Unfortunately, MailMan in some cases does not give me a warning if a message is too large, e.g. if the message is done by a non-member of the list. In such cases these warnings seem to overrule the "too large" warning. It then is very easy for me to overlook the fact that a certain message is too large (>120 KB). I must then really read the Size field very well and that is an easy thing to forget. If I then by accident approve such message, this approval overrules the 120 KB setting in the General Options and the message thus is sent to the list (causing much irritation with some subscribers).

That is why I would like to suggest to add in a future release of MailMan the feature, that all messages that are over the size as indicated in the General Options, show up in the "pending moderator requests" window with a light red coloured background. This should not be a difficult addition and it would be extremely beneficial for me to protect me against accidently approving oversized messages! It would also help if you give messages from non-members a yellow colour, etc. there are more possibilities there. But the red warning is crucial!

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Loek