[ mailman-Bugs-969613 ] double-quotes handled inconsistent for list's description

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 7 12:45:14 CEST 2005

Bugs item #969613, was opened at 2004-06-09 15:54
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by windl
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=969613&group_id=103

>Category: configuring/installing
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
(I'll use a double exclamation mark (!!) instead of a
double-quote here, because it seems the double-quotes
are converted to """ here by mistake)
If I enter a short description like the following line
for a mailing list:
List about !!something interesting!!

mailman-2.1.4 cunnecessarily converts the double quotes
(!!) to " in EMail header values. Example:
!! <mailbox at domain.org>

I think that the quoting in font of an EMail address
enclosed by anglr brackets (<...>) is not necessary,
and using HTML is wron and not portable. I might work
with some broken clients however.