[ mailman-Bugs-826775 ] Change URL for submit buttons

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 22 06:36:52 EDT 2003

Bugs item #826775, was opened at 2003-10-20 13:06
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by windl
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=826775&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: 2.1 (stable)

Initial Comment:
I have a special configuration, where the CGI scripts
have problems:
the hostname is like "host.domain.org" with two
ethernet interfaces, each having its own name like
"host-a.domain.org" and "host-b.domain.org". I also
have an alias like "mailman.domain.org" that is
intended to be used as virtual host for the CGI interface.
However not every URL in the CGI pages are correct. At
the moment, I cannot submit administrative changes,
because the SUBMIT button uses "host.domain.org" (which
has no address record associated with).
It also seems that access via the virtual host name
does not display the mailing lists being configured.
Where are the places I should look at to change URLs?
I think the submit buttons should have an URL...

>Comment By: Ulrich Windl (windl)
I found out that re-creating the mailing list auto-magically
fixed the issue. That's good. However it's not quite clear
which config variable gets misused to form the submit URL;
is it the NNTP host?