[ mailman-Bugs-703287 ] INSTALL is too terse about site-wide list

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 13 15:03:34 EST 2003

Bugs item #703287, was opened at 2003-03-13 17:03
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=703287&group_id=103

Category: documentation
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The INSTALL file is too terse about the purpose of the
site-wide mailing list.

See:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-
March/027179.html

I recommend adding something like this to the end of
the bullet that starts 'Create a "site-wide" mailing list.':

"""Errors and warnings generated by Mailman itself will
be sent to the site-wide mailing list, so the first thing
you probably want to do is make this list private.  Your
site administrators should probably be the only ones
subscribed to this list."""

Of course, I'm new to Mailman, so I don't know whether
the above is true or useful.  But I as is, the INSTALL file
provides very little context for the purpose of the site-
wide list.

Thanks,

// mark