[ mailman-Feature Requests-748543 ] wider discard on pending requests

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 3 18:03:20 EDT 2003

Feature Requests item #748543, was opened at 2003-06-03 23:58
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by kberry
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=748543&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Like many people, I maintain a number of mailman lists
at my site.  They all moderate non-member posts, to
avoid distributing spam and virus mail.

As you know, a given spam/virus mail is sent to many
mailing lists at once.  Right now it's necessary to
discard them all separately.  It would be nice if on
the pending requests page for a given list, there was
an option `discard from all pending lists'.  That is,
if the same Message-Id or same envelope/Subject was
waiting on more than one list, be able to dump them all
at once.

For authentication perhaps allow explicitly logging in
as the mailman site admin, or somehow go through the
authentication page on the other lists.

Probably not easy to implement, but it sure would make
dealing with spam a lot less painful.

Thanks,
karl at freefriends.org