[ mailman-Feature Requests-689291 ] capability to hold by externally specified rule

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 19 06:35:20 EST 2003

Feature Requests item #689291, was opened at 2003-02-19 09:35
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350103&aid=689291&group_id=103

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I use a procmail script to front-end mailman posts in
order to add custom filtering and holds.  In order to
hold messages, I set a "X-Hold:" header and add that to
mailman's DEFAULT_BOUNCE_MATCHING_HEADERS list.
Mailman sets the reason for hold to "Your message was
deemed inappropriate by the moderator."

I would like to have a mechanism where I can pass the
reason in a header.  This simple enhancement would
provide a powerful moderation extension.