[Ironpython-users] How to free memory in ironpython

Pawel Jasinski pawel.jasinski at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 12:12:14 EST 2016

sorry, the other answer went without the list.
For popen, here is not tested snipped to give you a jump start. The docs
for subprocess.popen are your friend.

        import subprocess
        args = ["replace with full path to ogr2ogr.exe",
                osm_filePath,
                shps_filePath,
                "--config",
                "OSM_USE_CUSTOM_INDEXING",
                "NO",
                "-skipfailures",
                "-f",
                "ESRI Shapefile"]
        p = subprocess.Popen(args)
        p.wait()
        if p.returncode:
            print "failed with errorlevel %s" % p.returncode

the parameters for ogr2ogr may need to be adjusted. Documents from esri are
not consistent.
--pawel