[Ironpython-users] .net framework update

Markus Schaber m.schaber at codesys.com
Wed Jun 1 02:12:24 EDT 2016

Hi, Xavier / Andrea,

> I would really like to use ironpython for my project but i'm afraid about the latested update (december 2014).

> Is this tool still being actively maintained?

It is maintained, but with very low manpower. On the other hand, there are not really critical bugs, we ship IronPython since 5 years in our products, and it works fine.

> Will there be any version compatible with the latest .Net framework (4.6.1)?

In our experience, the .NET 4.0 version of IronPython works well in .NET Frameworks 4.5.x and 4.6.x. As IronPython is dynamically typed, you should even be able to use the new APIs.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber at codesys.com | Web: codesys.com | CODESYS store: store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915