[Ironpython-users] Cannot create instances of that class because it is abstract

Stéphane Lozier stephane.lozier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:24:32 EST 2016

Shapefile is an interface with a CoClassAttribute to ShapefileClass (which
means when you do new Shapefile() in C# it creates an instance of
ShapefileClass). I have no idea what the correct behaviour for IronPython
should be, but in this case MapWinGIS.Shapefile gives you the interface.

You could try MapWinGIS.ShapefileClass() instead of MapWinGIS.Shapefile().