[Ironpython-users] Having an issue with using pyc compiled scripts in my C# application.

Chris Knaack chris at linestream.com
Tue Sep 22 22:36:31 CEST 2015

I am using python scripts  to extend my C# application.  Different
configurations can implement concrete instances of interfaces differently.
I implement the derived class in python and compile them using pyc.

I have unique versions of the files for each configuration but they have
the same name in each configuration.

If I start fresh and load this modules using clr.AddReference() and import
it works fine.

If I change configurations, the previous implementations appear to be
cached in the system.  I will get the concrete implementation of the
original configuration not the newer one.

I have tried:

Adding reload() after all the import statements.
Tried making my PythonEngine in a new AppDomain

Get an error that Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit is not serializable.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.