[Ironpython-users] Generic importer interface for IronPython

Benedikt Eggers beggers at spiegelburg.net
Fri Dec 11 08:12:30 EST 2015

Hello,

currently I am struggling with the idea, to implement some generic importer interface into ironpython. My aim is,
to make it easier for people, to provide their own logic, for loading scripts, modules, packages. For example from databases
or some webservice if needed. May idea was, to extend the python context with some list, which holds instances of IGenericImport.

All generic importers will be called in FindImporterForPath. If a generic importer can be used to resolve some path, it will be responsible
to import all needed files, ...

When this is something useful, I would make some plans for implementation.

Thank you for reading the mail!

With best regards,

B. Eggers